Clyde Bergemann – Atlanta
Visibility and Accountability of all Quality Actions
with Automated Workflows Integrated to ERP
Global manufacturer of boiler cleaning solutions for power markets sought better visibility of its quality business processes across all departments.
- ISO 9001:2008 certification highlighted deficiencies in the visibility of information required to efficiently manage quality
- To enhance and integrate the Quality Management System, TwinEngines developed a Visibility Platform with Visual ERP Integration
- Solution included: Automated Workflows, Routings and Audit Logging, Quality Actions Visibility, and Connected to Visual ERP data and transactions
Over the years, employees and departments implemented standalone databases to help do their jobs better and address the functions their ERP system is not capable or designed to handle. Isolated databases, and spreadsheets, in addition to the ERP system, contributed greatly to the problem of getting the right information to the right people at the right time.
Because there was no standard data and reporting structure for customer issues, identifying and resolving problems was cumbersome and costly. When the root cause analysis was complete, there was limited accountability that all the corrective actions were in place to ensure the same mistake was not made twice.
- Clyde Bergemann realized they needed better visibility of all the quality business processes and a mechanism to manage accountability across all departments. They needed a partner to bring all departmments together and look at the role quality plays in all the business processes. Then provide a common way to view quality information and report on it.
- The company saw an opportunity to reduce costs by responding more quickly to problems, finding the root cause, and putting in place corrective action for all activities that are affected by the quality issue moving forward – from purchasing, receiving and inventory management, work in process, shipping and customer installs.
- TwinEngines focused on all the quality workflows, first identifying the set of processes, the people working in each process, the interactions between departments and customers, and the associated flow of information to support and facilitate the processes.
- By looking at quality from the viewpoint of the business process workflows, TwinEngines helped Clyde Bergemann organize all quality related actions, and standardize on a common data structure and reporting.
- Each quality-related action was mapped, including audit findings, deviation requests, corrective/preventative action requests, customer service requests, field service requests, engineering change notices, nonconformance material reports, requests for repair-refurbishreplace and RMAs.
- Automatic routing of tasks, notifications and audit logging were built into the workflows.
- All quality actions are linked together and to parts, POs, work orders, and customers so employees have a complete picture of quality in real-time.
- Every employee has a view of the Quality Actions they own, their Approvals needed, and their Follow-Up activities. Whether a part is in inventory, in production or ready for shipping, employees have access to the quality information at the time and place they need it.