Fibrix is a leading manufacturer of precision-crafted, nonwoven materials, primarily for furniture and bedding. The material is manufactured in rolls from six production plants and then packed and shipped to their customers.
Like many companies, Fibrix used several software products together to manage their financial, production, and sales process:
- Microsoft Dynamics GP for business accounting and ERP
- SalesPad for their CRM
- WilloWare add-on manufacturing module for GP
- A legacy Windows app to manage scheduling for each production line
- Excel spreadsheets
As the company grew, this ad hoc system could no longer keep up with the volume and complexity of orders. Among the challenges, Dynamics GP could not capture the complexity of the raw materials. In addition, from the Dynamics GP new orders, line items would be routed to various plants and production lines using spreadsheets for scheduling. A custom Windows app managed each production line. The mix and match of receiving, manufacturing, and fulfillment from different plants became a logistics nightmare for billing – especially if a partial order went out the door.
Importantly, Fibrix wanted to achieve seamless integration without sacrificing their investment in Dynamics GP.
TwinEngines modeled the company’s workflow – the people, processes, and methods – to identify the gaps in their software solution. While GP excelled at accounting, it was weak as a manufacturing ERP. TwinEngines developed a business process platform internally called Launchpad to serve as an overlay over the legacy system that would unify the manufacturing workflow:
- Inbound Receiving – A handheld unit captures raw material data with all its complexity into the ERP system.
- Production Scheduling – The interface manages priorities with real-time visibility at each point of production.
- Material Receipt on Manufacturing Order – Manufacturing Orders with common materials can now be run together.
- Production Entry – As each order is run on the shop floor, all production variables link back to the ERP system.
- Shipping Management – As Finished Goods are loaded on a truck, they are scanned into the system. Sales Orders are fulfilled based on what is loaded.
- Fibrix now has control over every step in its production process.
- The new system delivers analytics reports that are valuable to Fibrix management.
- The TwinEngines platform extends the life and investment of the legacy Dynamics GP system.
- TwinEngines filled all of the operational gaps to create an end-to-end seamless solution.
- MS C#.NET
- SQL Server
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- MS Visual Studio
TwinEngines modeled the company’s workflow – the people, processes, and methods – to identify the gaps in their software solution.
By filling the operational gaps to create an end-to-end seamless solution, Fibrix now has control over every step in its production process.